Parents & Fans
Welcome to the Hutcherson Family YMCA Youth Sports Parent’s page! Below you’ll find answers to several of our frequently asked questions, and some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
Where can I find information on upcoming sports?
Information on youth sports seasons can be found by clicking the Upcoming Sports link at the top of the page and choosing from the list of available sports.
Can I sign up online?
Absolutely! The Thornton Family YMCA offers online registrations through our Hutcherson YMCA Youth Sports Online Registration webpage. Click the link to open a new window with a list of the sports leagues available for registration through the Thornton Family YMCA.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Most all are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check, and your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often is practice?
Our teams practice once a week. We know your life is busy so most of those practices will last around 1 hour. We want to honor your time so we provide resources to the coaches to help make your season the best it can be.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches and Team Parents if you’re interested in helping
What equipment will my child need?
Your equipment needs will vary with the sport that you play. Soccer players are required to wear shin guards to both practices and games. T-ball players are required to bring their own mitt. Basketball players are required to wear court safe tennis shoes to both practices and games. For other equipment questions, be sure to attend the Parent’s Packet Pick Up at the beginning of the sports season!
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts on the front page of this website – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need. For questions on equipment, we’ve provided information in the FAQ section to the left.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we value Honesty, Caring, Respect and Reponsibility. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)
- If you have questions please email [email protected]
Click HERE to access the youth sports rules.