Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches, and refs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Some of them are Y staff, some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check as well as a drug test. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often is practice?
Typically our teams practice once or twice a week. We know your life is busy so most of those practices will last around 1 hour. We want to honor your time so we provide resources to the coaches to help make your season the best it can be.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping 🙂
What equipment will my child need?
At the beginning of each season you will receive information on what is “required equipment” as well as “recommended equipment”. If you have any questions make sure to ask your Coach.
How does the Beatrice YMCA ensure the safety of children while participating in Y activities?
As a youth-serving organization, Beatrice YMCA considers the safety and well-being of all the youth in our programs a top priority. We prohibit abuse and strive to proactively address reports of this type of conduct. We will report suspected abuse to the proper law enforcement agencies.
- The Coach Recruitment process includes a) Volunteer Application b) Screening c) Background Check
- An Abuse Prevent orientation shall be conducted prior to each Youth Sports season.
- Prohibited Behavior includes degrading language, threatening or intentionally inflicting injury, committing any sexual offense, making any sexual advance, or any non-related one-adult/one-child interaction except in an emergency.
- Report of Suspected Child Sexual Abuse will include a) member of the Beatrice YMCA Admin Team or other official representatives who will notify the proper law enforcement agencies. b) All coaches volunteers, parents, and program participants will report any incident of abuse that is witnessed or reported to the Beatrice YMCA Admin Team. c) The designated representative who received the report will keep other Administrators and Board members fully informed. d) Should a suspected incidence of abuse be reported, the coach/volunteer in question will be temporarily suspended from duties while an investigation takes place. e) The Beatrice YMCA Admin Team will, when appropriate, communicate reports of child sexual abuse to the league members. The confidentiality of anyone who makes such a report will be protected.
We welcome family and friends to watch activities at the Y! As a reminder, Beatrice YMCA policy states that no one currently on the Registered Sex Offender List shall be allowed on Beatrice YMCA property at any time.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)