Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches and current programs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! Some of them are Y staff, some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coach, check out Coaches Corner for more information!
How often is practice?
Our new format has your child practicing and playing games once a week on Saturdays.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping! We just ask you to follow our Return to Play Guidelines – Parents and other observers must social distance from any person not living in their household during training sessions, practices and games – whether indoor or outdoor.
What equipment will my child need?
At the beginning of each season you will receive information on what is “required equipment” as well as “recommended equipment”. If you have any questions make sure to ask your Coach.
Where can I find information on upcoming sports?
You can find more information about upcoming sports on our website at www.ymcaerie.org OR you can click the Upcoming Sports tab on the County Y GameTime site.
Where can I register for upcoming sports?
To register for upcoming sports, please visit our website at www.ymcaerie.org OR you can call the County YMCA at (814) 734-5700.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)
COVID-19 RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
This document is to be used as the governance for the minimum requirements for all sports at the YMCA of Greater Erie as of July 2020 and until further notice of a change is provided by the YMCA.