Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches, and refs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be. If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Program Director, Corey Wolff, at [email protected] or 814-868-0867 x271.
How are the coaches picked?
All of our coaches are volunteers. Most are parents who have a child playing in the league and then others are Y Staff or members of the community who just enjoy working with children. ALL of our coaches are subject to a thorough background check to assure the safety of everyone in the program. We are always looking for coaches, so, regardless of your knowledge or background, if you have an interest – contact Corey Wolff. We provide you with as many resources as possible, so anyone and everyone can be a great coach in our programs!
When are practices/games?
All of our Youth Sports are held on Saturdays. We have switched to a “progressive” style season to allow for as much practice as possible while also getting some time to practice during the game season as well. Typically, the first two Saturdays are just practices. The next two Saturdays would then consist of a reduced-time mini-practice followed by a game against another team. The remaining weeks, then, the teams just play games assuring every team gets at least six games. We know life is busy and we want to honor your time, so practices and games are usually 30 or 45 minutes (depending upon age groups).
What equipment will my child need?
At the beginning of each season the rules and other documentation will be posted directly to the right of this column. These documents will display league rules, required equipment and instructions to help you navigate YGameTime.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and verify all the information they have for you is correct.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts on this site – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication. *NOTE* – the site does NOT save this information, so each session your child plays you must re-register. YGameTime does this to assure you only receive notification relevant to your child and the program they are currently in.
- Be early! We want to honor your time as a busy parent and this helps us honor everyone’s time if we have the athletes there before the scheduled time and ready to go.
- PICTURE DAY! Dates and times are listed on the scheduling page for your child’s division. Please have your child to the Y early on picture day, in uniform, regardless of intent to purchase. Having all of the team there makes it nice for those who order a team picture to have a full team picture to remember their teammates they’ve created the memories with.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)
Resources for Parents