Parents & Fans
Tips for parents Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches, and refs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
3v3 Basketball Info:
THIS is what the 3v3 Basketball Scoresheet looks like. HAVE FUN!!
Where are the teams practicing and playing?
For 3v3 Basketball, games will be held in the parking lot in front of the Helena Family YMCA. Click HERE for the 3v3 Basketball 2021 Rules.
For T-Ball, practices and games will be at Centennial Park. HERE are the T-Ball field locations 2021 Your team coach will let you know which field your team will be practicing and playing on.
What are the rules for each sport and are they different per division?
The rules do vary by sport and division.
Click HERE for the 3v3 Basketball 2021 Rules. Each coach puts their own team together for this competitive league.
Is the Helena YMCA prepared to enforce COVID procedures if needed?
Yes! We submitted a plan to the Lewis and Clark County Health Department that was approved. This document, Outdoor Activities COVID Protocol, details the procedures that we will follow, if required.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Some of them are Y staff, some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often is practice?
Typically teams practice once a week. We know your life is busy so most of those practices will last around 1 hour. We want to honor your time so we provide resources to the coaches to help make your season the best it can be.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping.
What equipment will my child need?
At the beginning of each season you will receive information on what is “required equipment” as well as “recommended equipment”. If you have any questions make sure to ask your Coach.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)