Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y sports programs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sports experience the best that it can be.
YMCA Youth Basketball Manual – new and improved!
FLOOR HOCKEY RESOURCES:
YMCA Youth Soccer Manual – new and improved!
YMCA Youth T-Ball Manual – new and improved!
Is the Helena YMCA prepared to enforce COVID procedures if needed?
Yes! We submitted a plan to the Lewis and Clark County Health Department that was approved. This document, Outdoor Activities COVID Protocol, details the procedures that we will follow, if required.
How are the coaches picked?
All our fantastic coaches are volunteers! Some are Y staff, some are parents coaching their kids, while others are local community members, family members, or college students who share the same Y values. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority. All coaches complete concussion and abuse trainings prior to the season.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! Our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping. Parents can also volunteer to create a snack schedule, or act as a substitute if your coach needs to miss a practice or game.
Where is my game schedule?
Click “Sports and Programs” from the menu choices along the top of this webpage. Choose the correct sport and grade from the dropdown menus. Scroll down to view your season schedule!
- Save your Coach’s contact information.
- Click “Alert Signup” from the options along the top of this webpage. This is how you will hear about last-minute cancellations due to weather or illness.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time! Showing up ready to play for practices and games helps show respect to our volunteer coaches. Please also be on time to pick up your athlete after any event. If running late, please notify your coach via call or text!
- Make it FUN! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition, and family involvement. Everyone is a winner, and we don’t keep score. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud for all players on the field!