Itty Bitty, 3 years | 2021 Spring Soccer
YMCA Youth Sports is unique, emphasizing skill-development, sportsmanship, and teamwork. We de-emphasize competition and emphasize the fun and learning that sports can provide. The YMCA also promotes equal playing time for all its participants. All players must play an equal amount of playing time in each game.
THE BALL/GOAL SIZE (ball sizes vary in YMCA Soccer in accordance to the age/grade of the player);
A. Ball Size:
I. Itty-Bitty – 3rd Grade, Size 3 ball
B. Goal Size:
I. Itty-Bitty – Pre-K 48” (H) X 72” (W)
D. NUMBER OF PLAYERS
1. A game is not considered official if there are fewer players on the field
as listed below.
Maximum # to play Minimum # Goalie
3 players maximum, 3 players minimum, No Goalie
NOTE: IT IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OPPOSING COACH TO PLAY SHORT IF THE OTHER TEAM CANNOT FIELD AN OFFICIAL TEAM.
2. Substitutions are unlimited, but coaches are asked to be mindful of the
YMCA’s equal play rule.
E. PLAYER EQUIPMENT
1. The uniform of a soccer player is a jersey, shorts, shin guards, calf
socks, and shoes. Sweats may be worn by a player in case of inclement weather.
2. Jewelry, plastic hair bands, chains, or any other potentially injurious things to another player cannot be worn.
3. Shoes with soft-plastic molded cleats may be worn by players.
Absolutely no metal cleats allowed. Absolutely NO HEELIES!!!
THE COACHES OF THE ITTY-BITTY TEAMS ACT AS REFEREES
1. The coaches are in charge of all game activities and are to make sure
each team abides by the rules of the game. His/her decisions are
2. The coaches also act as the timekeepers for the game.
DURATION OF THE GAME
1. Four (6) minute quarters
2. Time shall be running time and will continue to run, even through
injuries. No overtimes will be played.
3. Each team will be given (two) 1-minute timeouts per game.
4. There will be a (1) minute break between each quarter.
Week - 1
Week - 2
Week - 3
Week - 4
Week - 5
Week - 6
Visit the ygametime.com to check the most up-to-date information.