Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our programs and Y employees. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are either former or current athletes or coaches. Our coaches possess immense knowledge in their respectable sport, and have excelled on either the coaching or playing field. We pride ourselves on finding the perfect candidates by evaluating their core values along with their passion for your child’s success. ALL of our coaches go through a background, your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often do programs run?
A vast majority of our programs run once a week, either in 45 or 60 minute increments. All of our programs run in what we call ‘sessions’ which typically range from 8-9 weeks. Due to our large number of participants, it is very important to be prepared and on time for practice every week, as you will not want to miss important lessons in specific skills to improve your child’s progress!
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! We love to see parents taking a genuine interest in the progression of their child’s skills. Although our programs are fun, we do our absolute best to give your child the edge they need heading into any sports season they may be heading into!
What equipment will my child need?
Most of our sports equipment is provided here at the Y. However, if there is a program that will require any outside equipment you will be made aware either while signing up, or in our program guide. Aside from actual equipment, is very important to have your child prepared to be active with athletic sneakers and loose fitting clothing. Please, no boots or jeans!
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the front desk staff at 732-727-0704.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For everybody!)