Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches, and refs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Some of them are Y staff, some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
How often is practice?
Typically our teams practice once a week on a weeknight selected by the team coach…age 3 – 4 divisions have one combined game/practice on Saturday mornings. We know your life is busy so most of those practices will last around 1 hour. We want to honor your time so we provide resources to the coaches to help make your season the best it can be.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping
When are games?
Games are held weekly on Saturdays. We start with the youngest children in the morning and work our way up, so older age divisions may have games in the early afternoon. Game schedules will be posted online as soon as teams are formed. You will be notified by email or you will get a call from the Y or your team coach to notify you what team your child is on and what night your child will practice.
What equipment will my child need?
At the beginning of each season you will receive information on what is “required equipment” as well as “recommended equipment”. The Y will have water available at all games and practices, but you may bring your own water bottle if you prefer. Game snacks are donated by parents on a rotating basis. Your coach will organize the weekly snacks with parents at a practice before the season begins. If you have any questions make sure to ask your Coach.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours.
- Sign up for Weather and Emergency Text Alerts – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is a great resource to help in that communication. You must sign up for alerts each season that you register…we don’t want to bother you after the current season is over!
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)