Parents & Fans
Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your child’s development. We take that responsibility seriously and do everything we can to continue earning your trust. We’ve created this section to provide you with general information about our Y employees, volunteer coaches, and refs. We also have some helpful tips to make your Y sport experience the best that it can be.
How are the coaches picked?
GREAT QUESTION!! All of our coaches are volunteers. Some are parents helping coach their kids, while others are folks from the community who share the same Y core values. ALL of our coaches go through a background check. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority.
Can I stay and watch practice?
Absolutely! We encourage it! As a matter of fact our teams are always looking for Assistant Coaches if you’re interested in helping
Check out this fact sheet from Heads up Concussion.
Registration Forms / Links:
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a great season!
- Save the Coaches contact information and give them yours once you receive your teams information.
- Sign up for Ygametime alerts for your program – We want to get you the right information at the right time. This is how we communicate with you. If nothing has been communicated through the alerts it may be a few things. 1. You are not signed up for the correct program. 2. There isnt any necessary communication to be delivered for that program or 3. Might be waiting to see what the weather will actually do. In these cases weather changes frequently here in Billings. Therefore we wait as long as possibly to make the call on cancellations. If there is no news that means the practice and or game is still on until you have been notified through the alerts. If you think you have signed up for the wrong go back in and sign up for the correct one. Also check the announcement section for updates on your program.
- Make sure your athlete has the equipment they need.
- Be on time – We want to honor your time and effort by providing the best quality sports experience we can, we need your help though. By showing up on time, ready to play, for practices and games it makes a world of difference. Picking up your athlete on time is a huge help to our coaches too. We understand that can’t happen every time. When those situations occur the best thing to do is notify the Coach via phone call or text.
- Make it FUN!! At the Y we encourage fair play, positive competition and family involvement. Every child gets to play so make sure to cheer loud!! (For both teams!)